Thursday, June 19, 2008

Do my job for me

As the Enquirer's politics reporter, I get to talk with some pretty interesting people. This election season, I'll get to interview candidates for two congressional districts, four state House districts and a smattering of others -- including presidential candidates -- who may pass through the city.

Since these folks are elected of, by and for the people, I'd like to know what you, "the people," would like to ask of your potentially elected representatives. It's your questions I want them to answer, since they will answer to you if they are elected.

Let me know what you want to ask in a comment on this post, and I'll do my best to work it in.

Peace and love.

2 comments:

Anthony said...

I would like to know how each candidate plans to counteract the influence of both corporate lobbyists and PACs (the so-called "K Street Culture") on their policy and on the formation of legislation in general. How can the people they intend to represent feel confident that their interests and opinions will come first, over PACs and lobbyists, if the candidate is elected? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I would like to know what ideas they have to improve Michigan's economy. What will our state have to be proud of in 10-20 years?
I am also concerned about protecting our state's natural resources, especially our water.
Thanks,Mom